The WPU Disability Services Office provides assistance to students with physical, cognitive, learning, and psychological disabilities.
Students have the right to privacy and have the responsibility to disclose their disability to the Director of Counseling and Disability Services. Students should contact the office to become certified, and must make an appointment with the Director at the beginning of each semester to ensure reasonable accommodations and equal access to the living and learning environments at WPU.
- Academic Accommodation PlanIndividualized academic accommodation plans are modifications or adjustments to tasks that allow a student with a disability to have an equal opportunity to participate in the academic environment. Accommodations provide an alternative way to accomplish course requirements by eliminating or reducing disability-related barriers.
- Academic CoachingProfessional staff are able to provide student with academic coaching to identify barriers to success and to create a plan to persist and succeed in college. Academic coaching sessions often focus on organization, time-management, goal-setting, and problem solving.
- Housing AccommodationsHousing Accommodations – WPU is committed to creating access to the college experience for students with disabilities in all aspects of college life, including residential living. We welcome reasonable housing accommodation requests with supporting documentation and requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Lending LibraryThe lending library allows students to borrow self-help books on varying disabilities, college success and life skills.
- Workshops and ProgramsDisability Services presents information in a variety of topics to help students succeed in college. Past programs have featured content about relaxation, stress management, test anxiety and time management.